Occasionally a person with MS or another neurological disease may need to be referred to an urologist by either their GP or neurologist for assessment of their kidney and bladder function, if any difficulties in this area occur.

The major role of the urologist is to try to identify why the patient is experiencing these difficulties. In most situations, these problems are controlled with the use of tablets following appropriate tests.

Despite the urologist being a surgeon, medical treatment e.g. tablets, which improve the person's situation quite dramatically, is the most common approach.

The intervention of the urologist is generally of great benefit to the person with MS and bladder symptoms.

Latest News

More news

What's hot


Women's Mini Marathon

Join our MS Squad for the Vhi Women's Mini Marathon on June 2nd and help us raise essential funds for our support services across Ireland. Sign up early to make sure you’re in!

Find out more

Events Calendar

» Our next Event

25 April 2019: Weekly physiotherapy class for people with MS, starts 7th February until 23rd May

View all events


If you'd like to receive e-news updates from The Society please enter your email address below. If you want to know more about how we manage personal data then please see our privacy policy.

My local MSI

Map of MS Ireland's service areas South Mid West West Midlands South East North East North West North Dublin City and Fingal South West Dublin and Kildare South East Dublin and Wicklow