MS Ireland can offer financial assistance to people with MS to help cover the costs of some expenses associated with the condition. Voluntary Branches raise this money through their fundraising activities.
Key elements of the service include:
- Applicants do not need to be members or known to the Branch. A diagnosis of MS is the only criteria
- All applications should be based on clear needs and will only be considered on submission of a completed application form. There is no entitlement to financial assistance, it is a discretionary payment based on need.
- The regional community worker in each region is involved in each application to ensure financial assistance cannot be sought elsewhere
- Applications will not be considered for unconventional treatments, goods/services already committed to or those requiring long term financial commitment
- Where an applicant is unsuccessful in receiving financial assistance a reason for this decision will be given. An appeals process is in place for any applicant who wishes to appeal the decision of their voluntary Branch.
The financial assistance service is operated through our National Financial Assistance Regulations
If you would like to learn more about MS Ireland's financial assistance or wish to have an application form emailed or posted to you, contact your local regional office today.
North Dublin City and Fingal
North County Dublin and City: MS Ireland, North Dublin City and Fingal, 65 Bushy Park Rd, Rathgar, Dublin 6 Co. Dublin email@example.com (01 4905933)
South East Dublin and Wicklow
Wicklow and areas of South Dublin: MS Ireland, South East Dublin and Wicklow Regional Office, 80 Northumberland Road, Dublin 4 firstname.lastname@example.org (01 6781600)
South West Dublin and Kildare
Kildare and areas of South West Dublin: MS Ireland, South West Dublin and Kildare Regional Office, 65 Bushy Park Rd. Rathgar, Dublin 6, Co. Dublinswa@ms-society.ie (01 4905933)
Laois, Offaly, Longford and Westmeath: MS Ireland Midlands Regional Office, Clonbrusk Resource Centre, Coosan Rd., Athlone, Co. Westmeathmidlands@ms-society.ie (090 64 71137)
Clare, Limerick, North Tipperary: MS Ireland Midwest Regional Office, Tara, St. Nessans Rd., Ballykeefe, Limerick, Co. Limerick email@example.com (061 303803)
Cavan, Monaghan, Louth, and Meath: MS Ireland North East Regional Office, Enterprise Centre, Office No 3, Dublin Road, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan firstname.lastname@example.org (042 9754304)
Donegal, Sligo and Leitrim: MS Ireland, North West Regional Office, 28 Slieve Snacht Close, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal email@example.com (074) 9125017
Cork and Kerry: MS Ireland, Southern Regional Office, North Quay House, Pope’s Quay, Cork, Co. Cork firstname.lastname@example.org (021 4300001)
Kilkenny, Wexford, Carlow, Waterford and South Tipperary: MS Ireland South Eastern Region, South East Regional Project, Walkin St., Kilkenny, Co. Kilkenny email@example.com (056 77 77771)
Galway, Mayo and Roscommon: MS Ireland, Western Regional Office, Curragrean, Merlin Park, Galway, Co. Galway firstname.lastname@example.org(091768630)