Community Alert has been operating in rural Ireland since 1985 as a crime prevention programme. The programme is operated by Muintir na Tire in partnership with An Garda Siochana and Community Alert
Who can participate?
All members of the community can participate.
What are the aims of the group?
- To promote and raise awareness of Community Alert.
- Reduce social inclusion
- Create a forum for people of all ages and from all walks of life to volunteer in their community
- Create a safer community
- Be a good neighbour
Project ideas might include:
- Visiting older and vulnerable people in the community
- Help with crime prevention in your area
- Arrange for the provision of socially monitored pendant alarms for the older people in your community
- Organise a fundraising event for vulnerable people in your community
- Arrange for the local Gardai to give Crime prevention / home security advice