Palliative Care Week 2016 takes place from October 3rd-8th and is coordinated by All Ireland Institute of Hospice and Palliative Care (AIIHPC) to bring a greater awareness and deeper understanding of palliative care across the Island of Ireland.
This year the campaign slogan is ‘Enabling Living’ to highlight the positive impact palliative care has on the quality of life of people living with a serious and progressive condition. We hope you will engage enthusiastically in the campaign whether you are a member of the public, a health and social care professional, a partner of AIIHPC or other stakeholder.
- Ensures best possible quality of life for a person with a serious and progressive condition, regardless of age or condition
- Involves the person and those close to them
- Supports planning for the future
- May be appropriate for a number of years, not just the weeks and days at the end of life
- Puts the person at the centre of care whether it is provided at home, in a nursing home, hospital or hospice.