Highlights from the findings include:
- This is the first prospective incidence study of multiple sclerosis (MS) in the Republic of Ireland.
- Ireland has a high incidence of MS with a persistent regional gradient.
- The age of onset of relapsing MS appears to be increasing over the last 20 years.
- Unemployment rate of 8% directly attributable to MS within 1 year of diagnosis.
- Rising levels of undiagnosed depression seen in recently diagnosed MS.
Please email Harriet Doig at email@example.com if you would like further information on this study.