As part of National Palliative Care Week this is a beautiful and moving exhibition of drawings and diary excerpts by Samuel Gaine from Co. Clare.It tells his story of MS and his relationship with palliative care and Milford.
An information day organised by MS Ireland for Healthcare Professionals:
Highlights on the day - confirmed speakers:
- Professor Gavin Giovanonni, Professor of Neurology Centre: Centre for Neuroscience and Trauma. Research Groups: Neuroimmunology. Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Dr. Jens Bansi, Exercise Scientist; PhD. Rehabilitationszentrum Valens CH-7317 Valens Switzerland
- Dr Kate O Brien: Genomics Medicine Ireland
- Irish Hospice Foundation, Planning for the future
- UL Physiotherapy Dept, MS Research Team
- Edina O'Driscoll, (TBC) Programme Manager, National Clinical Programmes for Epilepsy, Neurology & Rehabilitation Medicine, Clinical Strategy & Programmes Division
How to book your place!
Registration from 9am meeting starts 9.45am ends at 4pm. Cost of Day: €60 (including lunch). 5 CPD points available on request at the end of the day.
Physiotherapist led exercise programme for people with MS.
Group led Yoga classes for people with MS and family/friends, starts 24th August.
Weekly computer skills classes for beginners and improvers, starts Friday, 14th September.
Pool based programme for people with MS facilitated by the Limerick Sports Partnership and MS Ireland Mid West Region in St. Gabriels Hydrotherapy Pool, Dooradoyle, Limerick. Programme starts 14th September.
Yoga for people with MS, mixed ability, in Meath, running for 6 weeks starts 7th September.
MS Ireland's 2018 National Conference: Save the date Saturday, 22nd September 2018.
Professor Gavin Giovanonni, Professor of Neurology Centre: Centre for Neuroscience and Trauma. Research Groups: Neuroimmunology. Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Dr. Jens Bansi, Exercise Scientist; PhD., Rehabilitationszentrum Valens, Switzerland.
Dr. Sabina Brennan, Trinity Brain Health and ADAPT, TCD.
Irish Hospice Foundation, Planning for the future.
Genomics Ireland, Dr. Kate O’Brien identifying specific patterns in genes in people with MS so as to develop new diagnosis tools, treatments, and better our understanding of disease progression.
How to book your place!
Registration from 9am. Meeting starts 9.45am - 3pm followed by MS Ireland Annual General Meeting (AGM). Cost of Day €20 (including lunch). For further details and booking forms contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 091 768630 by 14th September 2018.
This one day event will focus on Positive Living, Stress Management & Practical Relaxation. It is essential to book as places are limited!
Exercise programme designed by qualified chartered physiotherapist especially for people with MS. Ongoing throughout 2018