Your legacy is our legacy
Make a Lasting Difference
Making a will and leaving a gift of any value can make a real and lasting difference to the MS community throughout Ireland.
MS Ireland is a support system. We provide real services to people with MS, their carers and their family. Our goal is to provide a network that is informative, supportive and empowering. Last year we supported 2,665 people living with MS through our one-to-one regional community work; 368 people stayed in our MS Care Centre and 900 people contacted our MS Information Line.
Every legacy, no matter how big or small, has a significant impact on our work and your support helps us to continue to provide vital support and services to thousands of people living with MS in Ireland and their families.
your legacy in action
Thanks to people like you we have been supporting the MS community since 1961, providing information, community help and advocacy services to thousands of people throughout Ireland.
With a legacy gift of €5,000
You can help provide a 10 week MS physiotherapy course for 12 people people living with MS.
With a legacy gift of €10,000
You can help provide a week stay of valuable respite in our MS Care Centre, which offers access to specialist respite, neurological assessment and additional services.
With a legacy gift of €50,000
You can help fund a two-year MS research project. In 2016, MS Ireland was able to give €50,000 to NUI Galway researchers to fund a two-year project into mindfulness interventions for people with MS.
Making a Will - Where to Start
The idea of making a will may make us feel uncomfortable but it is a surprisingly simple and inexpensive process. Once it’s done, it can bring great peace of mind to you and your loved ones. It is also a unique chance to provide for those causes closest to our heart and leave a lasting contribution.
If you have already made a will, it’s easy to change this to include a legacy to MS Ireland. This change is called a Codicil and can be drawn up easily by your solicitor.
How to make a will: Handy checklist
1. Make a list of all your assets with their approximate value and list any and all your liabilities
2. Choose the person(s) you would like to look after your financial affairs (your executors), and ensure that the person(s) you select is willing to act in this role
3. Decide how to divide your assets, bearing in mind your obligations to your nearest and dearest
4. Visit your solicitor to discuss your plans and to allow them to prepare your will. They should advise you in terms of the tax implications of leaving legacies to family, friends or charities.
5. If you would like to leave something to help MS Ireland then your solicitor can write this into your will
6. Advise MS Ireland that you are leaving us a gift in your will. It will help us to plan for the future and most importantly, give us the opportunity to say thank you
Our promise to you
Writing a Will and leaving something to MS Ireland is a simple way to secure the future of our vital work. In return, we promise you that:
- Your legacy will help change lives. We will invest your gift efficiently and cost effectively so it has the most impact.
- Your privacy matters to us. We respect your privacy and will look after your gift to us with sensitivity, care and confidentiality.
- You can change your mind. We understand that circumstances can change and your decision to leave a gift to MS Ireland is yours alone.
We are extremely grateful for whatever amount you can give. With your help and your legacy, we can plan into the future to ensure that we can continue our work and support the MS community for years to come.
Get in touch
We are always here; at the end of the phone, on email or we can arrange a meeting to help with any questions you might have.
If there is anything you want to know about leaving a legacy or how your gift could make a lasting difference to the MS community in Ireland, please get in touch with Melanie at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01 678 1622.